* Orders Tuesday 8th - Friday 11th December will be sent the following week *This is the all in one blend that comes ready for you to just heat with water, and enjoy! A blend of Cacao Powder, Cacao Butter, and Coconut Sugar. This simple and sweet blend is combined by hand with love, at the perfect ratio. All certified organic ingredients! Intention is a big part of a home ceremony, so with each bag you will receive an intention setting card to personalise and place on your altar (or anywhere special). Inside each bag of cacao blend there are three simple ingredients, sourced from two farms. Each component of cacao in our blend is from the same farm in Northern Peru. This cacao is shade-grown and of the native strain criollo. What this means is that our cacao supports the restoration of native starins, and sustainable agricultural practices. 'Rescue Cacao' is another name for this source, as it too provides a substantial wage for families who tend to the cacao, thus keeping them from turning to monoculture farming or illegal crop farming just to make a decent wage. We are proud of this, and each purchase contributes towards this positive impact. The coconut sugar is the third ingredient, sourced from the other one farm in Fiji with amazing sustainable and renewable practices. We believe all of our products and components of ceremonial cacao should be from the best source possible... and this goes the same for the coconut sugar we source for this blend. We are proud that this coconut sugar comes from a small production in Fiji, where there are renewable energies used and sustainable production facilities. This type of dedication to our product sourcing enables us to be certain that each cup of cacao is supporting the expansion of not only ourself but the collective, even each handler and farmer involved in producing the cacao or coconut sugar. Heavy metals are tested in our cacao and are below required safety specifications, including levels of cadmium. - Free shipping NZ wide (No P.O.Box or Waiheke Island deliveries)- Allow 3-5 working days for delivery- Keep in a cool dry place- 300g / 1kg
Hot Cacao Blend
- Take your special cacao cup and measure out required water per serve (approx. 200ml)
- Add water to a pot to heat
- While water is heating add approx. 2 heaped tablespoons of cacao blend (per 200ml serve)
- When hot stir/whisk to combine
- Infuse your love
» sweeten or spice to your desired taste «
What is ceremonial cacao?
For us ceremonial cacao is about intention. Each component of this cacao has been a refinement over a few years. It is only now that we have a source of cacao and coconut sugar that is of full alignment with our beliefs of living in harmony with nature. This cacao is different than what would would pick up from your local shop, and that is due to a few things - the source of cacao, the intention for making the product in the first place, and the intended use of the product. Cacao Keeper intends that you will prepare, and drink your cacao as a time to deepen your connection to self, others and/or nature. This is you creating ceremony for yourself.
What do I need to prepare this cacao?
- Fresh water
- Heat source
Do I need to add milk?
- No, only water is needed for a thick and creamy blend. This is part of keeping this cacao pure and ceremonial, is keeping all components as pure as possible.
How long will my Cacao Blend last for?
- There is a long shelf life for this cacao, 1 year. We expect you will drink it all before it gets near going bad. The bag has a great resealable top which keeps it air tight. If it is warm weather you may notice darker spots in the blend - this is perfectly normal - it is the small pieces of cacao butter melting at that temperature. It does not effect the shelf life of your cacao blend.